One week until my book, 236 POUNDS OF CLASS VICE PRESIDENT, comes out. Between this and the baby (now one day past its due date), there’s a little too much excitement in our household.
You know what I’m going to do here: ask you to pre-order the book. I know, I know – I hate that I have to beg. But a) it’s very hard to sell a book nowadays and b) pre-orders (and first week sales) can make or break a book. So if you ever plan on buying the book, please (pretty please) take a moment now to order it.
What’s it about? It’s about me, as a South Philly kid, going to a private high school and meeting all sorts of new people (not girls, sadly – the school was all-boys) and having all sorts of new experiences (I promise the writing is better than this sentence). It’s funny and it will make you laugh and you will like it. If you don’t believe me, Kirkus, in their review of the book, went so far as to use the word “profound,” thereby immediately and irrevocably destroying their credibility forever. I think it would make an ideal book for anyone who was once a teenager and/or went to high school.
I can discuss why pre-orders and early sales are important in great length, so if you have any questions about this or about publishing generally, just ask me. I’ve been doing a few interviews lately and I’m feeling particularly Q&A-ish today.
As always, thank you for your support. As a small-time author, the help and support of friends is the backbone of any successful book. Maybe the soon-to-be-living-on-the-outside baby is making me all wishy-washy, but I’ve been really thankful and appreciative of the love and support and goodwill sent my way over the past few weeks (most of it baby-related, but sure, some of it about the book, too). Writing this book was a long process and I’m proud of the final product. I hope you guys enjoy it.
- breadandbutternyc likes this
- theymightbeclippy likes this
- runawaysfan likes this
- runawaysfan reblogged this from jasonmulgrew and added:
- herblondness likes this
- allthoseships likes this
- judiism likes this
- allidoiswatchthesky likes this
- emptyrings said: It’s Lauren Kane recommended, so I hear.
- emptyrings likes this
- glitterandshade likes this
- reneenicolesays likes this
- mister-riverside likes this
- harperperennial likes this
- citizenkerry likes this
- buildingaladder likes this
- noraleah likes this
- jennyjennybobenny likes this
- meesharose said: done and done.
- zoearcher likes this
- mborgomani likes this
- allefory likes this
- mar-see-ah reblogged this from jasonmulgrew and added:
- stillticking likes this
- thedivineashley likes this
- wentdog reblogged this from jasonmulgrew and added:
- wentdog likes this
- kateskute said: done!! :) can’t wait to read!
- peterwknox likes this
- jasonmulgrew posted this